Bug Report [2020.08.20]:
(Resolved 2020.08.25 – v1.992)
NOTE: In rushing the update we forgot to change the v1.991 to a v1.992 in the app's header. To check your current version, go to "chrome://extensions"
GradeTransferer's speed improvements in v1.991 for filling data are causing inconsistencies in the data being filled. Please use caution when using GradeTransferer for filling data into this platform.
A solution to the problem has been found and is currently being packaged for deployment to users as GradeTransferer v1.992. Users should have a fix within the next few hours/days.
Edulastic updated their system and some changes may be conflicting with the grabbing feature of GradeTransferer on select pages. We are looking into this issue as well but no definitive timeframe or solution has yet been developed.
Offline (for new downloads only) Report [2020.01.14]:
(approved/fixed 2020.01.16 – v1.97)
GradeTransferer was taken off the Chrome webstore as it upgrades from v1.96 to v1.97; current users unaffected at this time, new users unable to download. Message to users on homepage explaining details.
Bug Report [2019.09.30]:
(fixed 10/01/2019 – v1.95)
Google Classroom won't grab grades that are zeroes since the update to v1.94.
GradeTransferer v1.95 upgrades
- Fixed bug (typo) that caused zeroes to be interpreted as empty fields in Google Classroom and not grabbed
Bug Report [2019.09.22]:
(anticipated fix before 09/28/2019 – v1.94)
(fixed 09/28/2019 – v1.94)
Google Classroom can only grab data correctly once, and then keeps grabbing zero data-points when on school WIFI in some districts. This is a conflict between the latest update and Google Classroom server issues that happen in some districts when GradTransferer is used on district WIFI. If you are part of the affected bunch, please use GradeTransferer at home on your own WIFI so you don't encounter the issue. I am working on a solution which will be pushed out via an auto-update to v1.94 before the end of this week.
Hopefully this will also make grabbing data from Google Classroom up to 90% faster than before.
GradeTransferer v1.94 upgrades
- The 'Grab Data' button now doesn't refresh Google Classroom, but instead instantly grabs all pertinent data from the site directly!
- GradeTransferer now works with really really long names such as "Pablo Diego José Francisco de Paula Juan IV"
Critical Update Report [2019.09.10 –– update 2019.09.19]:
(completed 09/19/2019 – v1.93)
GradeTransferer user-base is growing exponentially (good).
GradeTransferer cannot service this many people at once (bad).
GradeTransferer needs critical upgrades to essential parts of the software and server-side stuff to continue to exist.
GradeTransferer upgrades (in the works right now / already done)
- Server communication streamlining & new security measures
- Added support for Pearson's Mastering Series (Mastering Physics, Mastering Biology, etc.)
- Basic framework built to support Socrative.com, USA TestPrep, and Foss in next updates
- Fixed issues with PowerSchool Pro support that generated weird error messages
- Restructured how names and grades are found & grabbed (now works with really really long names like "Pablo Diego José Francisco de Paula Juan IV")*
- Bug reports and any personally identifiable information such as your name & email are now encrypted with industry-standard methods
- Entire https://www.GradeTransferer.com website is now secure :) Check out the little padlock icon in the URL.(make sure you're on https:// and not http://)
- Fixed issue where GradeTransferer would sometimes grab zero grades from Google Classroom (hopefully)*
- Tweaked how your platform is determined, so people who switch tabs before 'grabbing' phase is completely done don't get as many error messages
- Began restructuring how data is grabbed in Google Classroom (new method is 90% faster!)
- Tweaked error messages to be clearer
- Added overlay to force new users to restart Chrome after first install instead of emailing me that stuff doesn't work*
- Created completely new data grabbing interface for platforms that will standardize how to decide which data to grab and where to fill it (coming in future versions, currently only for Pearson's Mastering Series)
- Legal stuff to cover my a$$ ==> GradeTransferer is now officially a product of Razor Sparrow LLC; a premier web development company
- Added areas for social icons to make it easier to share GradeTransferer*
- Items with "*" were not completed fully for v1.93 and are in the works for 1.94 & 1.95, scheduled for release in upcoming days (before October)
Bug Report [2019.04.03]:
(fixed 04/04/2019 – v1.8)
In certain scenarios when switching between classes in Google Classroom, the web cache used to help load pages quicker was interfering with data gathering.
Requested: Method to 'Hold Data' in case students were in different classes so teachers would not need to go back and forth multiple times grabbing the same set of data to then fill into a variety of classes. Support for Aleks.com and Edulastic.com platforms alongside Google Classroom.
GradeTransferer v1.8 upgrades
- The 'Grab Data' button now refreshes on Google Classroom, thereby clearing any residual cache that may have caused interference in select cases.
- 'Fill Data' on Infinite Campus gradebooks automatically scrolls down and waits for records to populate before filling in the data. This currently only works for IC platforms not embedded inside a CMS. A fix is underway to expand this functionality to CMS Infinite Campus platforms as well (those users have to manually scroll down in large classes before filling grades)
- Support added for McGraw Hill's Alek.com as well as Edulastic.com so now there are a total of three platforms from which GradeTransferer can grab data, and two gradebooks into which it can sort and fill them (Genesis and Infinite Campus).
Bug Report [2018.10.12]:
(fixed 10/12/2018 – v1.6)
GradeTransferer in certain situations does not fully clear the local storage bin, leaving traces of data that interfere with proper future function, causing teachers to perform hard-resets on browser to regain proper function of GradeTransferer. Requested: manual data clearing and viewing solutions.
GradeTransferer v1.6 upgrades
- The 'Grab Data' button now clears the local storage bin not only after successful data grab, but also before beginning data grab to ensure a consistently empty bin (and no interfering data remnants).
- Two new buttons, "View" and "Purge" are now available next to the "Grab Data" button to give users a peek into the local storage area. This provides peace-of-mind for users as they can see the data to be transferred at any time, not just the one time after utilizing the 'grab' function. Users can also manually clear the local storage area using the 'purge' button at any time.
Bug Report [2018.09.27]:
(fixed 09/30/2018 – v1.5)
GradeTransferer does not recognize student data on Google Classroom page and therefore cannot "Grab Data" correctly without manual activation of 'grade input' fields. Working on a fix as you read this.
Temporary Fix while patch is created and update pushed out:
If you click on the grade next to the student’s name (as if you were about to input/change the grade for the assignment) it should/will work for the student. Please see the image below for clarification.